Summer Teen Adventure Photography Camp
Spend an exciting week (or two) learning photography, visual skills, concentration and creative expression in a fun, relaxed environment. We’ll walk the ramparts and spy Jerusalem from a new angle, hunt for animal portraits at the zoo and freeze the splash-action at the Teddy Water Park. We’ll visit a new location each afternoon and explore different genre and challenges in photography.
Choose from two, five-day sessions or enroll for both sessions at a special price.
Teen-friendly hours: 3 to 7 p.m.
Ages: 14-17 (approximately). Maximum of 8 participants per session.
Session 1: July 10-14
Session 2: July 17-21
Register and payment by June 10: *875 nis per week
After June 10: *975 nis per week
15% discount for enrolling in both sessions
*Fee includes all admissions to paid sites.
To register for session 1, please visit:
To register for session 2, please visit:
Led by award-winning photographer and teacher Yehoshua Halevi. All sessions in English. No experience necessary. The camp is appropriate for all skill levels. A traditional digital camera is recommended, but cellphone camera owners are welcome to participate and will also benefit from this important skill and technical training.
What you will learn:
- Confidence and creativity in the art of self-expression through photography.
- To become a power user of your digital or cellphone camera.
- Techniques in portraiture, street photography, landscape and nature, documentary, abstract and night photography.
- How to think visually.
- How to tell a story and what is unique about you.
- A wide range of technique related to cameras, lighting and composition.
- How to optimize photo opportunities in a variety of situations.
Where we will meet and photograph:
- The Machane Yehuda Open-Air Market
- Old City: From the ramparts to the Kotel
- The Jerusalem Biblical Zoo
- Sataf Nature Reserve
- Ben-Yehuda Photo Scavenger Hunt
- Cinema City and the Supreme Court Complex
- The First Station and Liberty Bell Park
- The Haas Promenade and Jerusalem Peace Forest (In search of the 7 species)
- Yemin Moshe and Teddy Kollek Water Park
- Desert Sunset Hike (weather dependent)
- Factory tour or live artist demonstration – to be determined
For further details, please write to [email protected]